£75 - £90 per day
about 1 month ago
Long term perm
Remedy Education are looking for an experienced LSA to work with two children in Year 1 at a school in Lewisham. The right candidate for this role needs to have at least a year of recent experience working with EYFS aged children. One child you will be supporting is working at an EYFS level, the other is working at levels expected for her age.
The mornings will be spent with a little boy who has ADHD. He is very spirited and tends to abscond so needs to be watched very closely. You will also need to be prepared to follow him, being quick on your feet is necessary. The afternoons will be spent supporting a little girl with behaviour needs.
We are looking for a candidate who can start in September and is free long term, this role may last for the whole year.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Using a play-based curriculum with short tasks in the morning sessions
- Supporting children with emotional regulation
- De-escalating challenging behaviour and working with other staff to identify triggers
- Reinforcing positive behaviour, using praise, positive language and where possible/appropriate providing choice
- Working with the class teacher to assist with differentiation
- Supporting children 1:1 and possibly in small groups
- Assisting children to stay engaged with work and activities
- Possibly using techniques such as Makaton and PECS to communicate with the children and to help them communicate in return
- You may be using Now and Next boards to help children manage transitions throughout the day
- At least one year of recent experience working with EYFS aged children
- At least 6 months of experience working with children with SEND, ideally SEMH
- Experience using play-based learning activities
- You will need to be flexible, this role may change if the little boy moves to full-day attendance
- You will need to be calm and collected, one of the children is prone to using colourful language
- Experience using Makaton, PECS, Signalong and Now & Next boards may be an advantage
- Have the right to work in the UK (A Valid Visa)
- Two recent child based references and relevant DBS/Police checks
- Able to work 8.30-3.30, 5 days per week term time only
Remedy Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all of the staff we employ to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS check, barred list check, reference checks, face to face interview and professional checks such as a TRA check.