£150 - £180 per day
about 1 month ago
Long term perm
Remedy Education are currently recruiting for an outstanding SEN Teacher to work at an Ofsted 'Outstanding' special school in Sutton, who are actively looking for a SEN Teacher to start with them in September 2021. The role is full time and long term, for the full academic year and will most likely become permanent for the right candidate. It is not essential to have worked in a special needs setting previously, you just need to have the passion to work with children and a drive for career development.
The school is a maintained special school in Sutton for children who have a diagnosis of ASD and related challenging behaviour. As a school community the school believes that children thrive when the entire school community - pupils, parents, carers, staff, governors and the wider community come together. They strongly value the relationship between parents/carers and recognise that effective partnerships are essential. The school appreciates and values the support our parents/carers give and the role they play in enriching the children's experiences and supporting their child's education. Parents/carers are always most welcome into school to help or to discuss their child's progress or any matters of concern.
Interviews are taking place ASAP and will consist of a trial day at the school.
- Assess students' abilities and craft teaching plans
- Adapt learning materials to students' needs
- Keep track of and reflect on students' progress
- Monitor children's behavioural patterns and arrange appropriate interventions if needed
- Find engaging activities to teach skills
- Manage classroom crises and resolve conflict
- Prepare students for transition to the next grade
- Inform parents about their children's performance and potential problems
- Coach/mentor other professionals who work with children with disabilities
- Collaborate with the support staff (e.g. school counsellors and therapists) to create holistic intervention plans
- QTS, qualified teacher status.
- Experience planning and teaching lessons to primary aged students following the National Curriculum.
- Experience with SEN - ideally Autism and complex needs.
- Enthusiastic, resilient and positive approach.
- Must have legal right to work in the UK.
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this SEN Teacher role or more information please contact Carly Walters on, 0208 418 1390.