14 days ago
Are you a Portuguese Learning Support Assistant interested in working on a full basis?
We are working with an SEMH school based in North London who are looking for an EAL Teaching Assistant. The position is for full time, starting As soon as possible and will run until the end of the academic year with a view of going long term for the right person.
EAL Specialist Responsibilities Include:
- Assisting students who struggle with command of the English language.
- Providing encouragement and support that facilitates learning and a fast integration into school.
- Communicating with parents and establishing a good relationship between them, the child and the school.
- Help develop literacy and communication skills.
As an EAL Specialist you will be working to support students 1:1 and or small groups of pupils across the school who have trouble speaking English and with their language, vocabulary, reading, writing and listening on a one-to-one and or small group basis.
It is essential that you have a strong level of literacy and numeracy and have current experience working in a school environment.
- Experience supporting children with EAL
- Patience and understanding
- Somebody who is flexible and has the ability to use initiative
- Strong command of English Language and excellent writing skills
- Someone that has experience working with SEMH/SEN
It would also be essential if you could speak:
The main objective of this role is to help integrate students into school ensuring that language does not become a barrier. You will be expected to work in both inside and outside of the classroom setting to boost their academic and personal skills, reporting any progress to the SENCO.
If this role sounds of interest, then please get in contact with Zeki at Remedy Education ASAP