£80 - £85 per day
7 months ago
PMLD Teaching Assistant - Involves using a hoist
Lambeth South East London
£80-£85 per day
Remedy Education are looking for an experienced teaching assistant who can support PMLD students who need to use a hoist. Therefore it is essential for you to know how to use hoist's in order to support this child in this role. You may also need to be help feed and support the child when using the toilet.
As the SEN TA, you will have the relevant experience of manual handling and be happy to support feeding and changing, who will be able to help children with Special educational needs to progress.
- The ideal candidate will have experience of working with children with SEN children and/or care related work
- Experience with manual handling / hoist training / feeding and changing would be useful
- A can do attitude and a willingness to help in other areas of the classroom
- The ability to use initiative and work well under pressure
- The ability to communicate effectively with the children and other staff members
- The role will involve working the child on a 1-1 basis
- Working Monday to Friday within the School following the school day timings, usually between 8.30am start until the end of the school day, usually finishing around 4pm and sometimes earlier!
- Assisting the student in their learning both on a 1-1 and potentially on a group basis with other children in the class if the child is sat with them on the same table so they can be included in the normal day of school life
- Assessing and accommodating individual learning needs of the student and working very closely with the class teacher to support the child with her own individual lesson plans
- Reporting on the individual pupils progress
- Encouraging the social and emotional development of the pupil
For the role you must have a DBS or be willing to obtain one before we can put you forward.
Please apply now for this CV, you can also call Carly at Remedy Education for more information on 0208 418 1390.