£75 - £85 per day
14 days ago
Remedy Education - SEN school in Lambeth are recruiting!
Do you have a passion to help all young people progress and reach their full potential?
Have you got experience as a Support Worker or PMLD Teaching Assistant?
Remedy Education are recruiting for a PMLD Teaching Assistant / school based Support Worker for a special needs school in Lambeth. Starting ASAP on a full time & long term basis with the potential to turn permanent after 12 weeks for the right person. Monday to Friday 8:30am-4pm each day.
To join us and be successful in this PMLD Teaching Assistant / Support Worker role, you will need to:
- have some experience supporting children or young adults with special needs.
- have an enhanced DBS certificate (or be happy to apply for new one), professional reference checks and Overseas Police checks (if applicable).
- Provide a CV with at least 10 years employment/education history included and any employment breaks must be explained.
- You must be double jabbed
- Have the legal right to work in the UK
About the role
The new PMLD Teaching Assistant will need to engage them in varied activities that are pitched at their level while supporting the class teacher in the delivery of more formal lessons.
Ideally you will have prior experience as Special Needs TA, SEN Teaching Assistant, Primary Teaching Assistant, Support Worker, PMLD TA or Care Worker in the past with relevant and transferable skills. People with experience of older children or young adults will be considered as well.
About the school:
- Special Needs school for young people with Autism, Profound & Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD), SLD, Complex Needs and Speech & Language Communication Needs.
- The school focuses on being inclusive, nurturing each individual, making sure learning is fun and challenging, working as a team to provide holistic education & care and celebrating successes.
- Highly bespoke and tailored curriculum that is designed around separate pathways for young people learning at similar levels rather than age.
- New build school with amazing facilities that is tailored to meet the needs of pupils and aid staff in their work.
About the pupils:
- All pupils are aged 11-16 and have an EHCP for SEN with the majority having Autism, SLD, Complex Needs or PMLD.
- Many have significant physical needs and use wheelchairs and hoists.
- Pupils need support managing emotions, processing and understanding work and interaction with peers.
- Many have Speech & Language needs and use PECS or Makaton to communicate.
- Some pupils have Sensory Needs so an appreciation and empathy towards this is needed.
Please call Carly Walters at Remedy Education today for more information.