£70 - £80 per day
3 months ago
PMLD Teaching Assistant - Enfield, North London - ASAP or September 2019 Start
Do you want to work in a position supporting young people with additional and complex needs?
Remedy Education are currently working with an Outstanding community special school in London Borough of Enfield to find them a compassionate and experienced Learning Support Assistant to support pupils with Profound Multiple Learning Disabilities.
The school has a fantastic team of teaching and support staff who are passionate about supporting the pupils in education, development and empowerment, ensuring all of the young people have the best opportunity to lead fulfilled and enriched lives.
The school offers state of the art purpose built facilities accessible to all students and staff, including a hydrotherapy pool with sensory environment and specially adapted and equipped, art, music and technology rooms.
They are looking for someone to join the team as soon as possible to work with the pupils in the KS1, KS2, KS3, KS4 and KS5 department, thesestudents are predominately on the autistic spectrum but also have additional needs including, PMLD, MLD, medical needs and challenging behaviours.
Ideally you will have experience supporting pupils with manual handling and many also do need assistance with personal care so experience or willingness to learn to provide this support is required.
As a specialist LSA, successful candidates will need the following skills:
- Experience working with children with Special Educational Needs
- Excellent communication skills, proactive and work well under pressure
- Be able to differentiate work to support needs of students
- Experience or willingness to support pupils with Personal Care
- Experience or willingness to support pupils with Manual Handling
- Enhanced DBS
What's offered in return:
- Negotiable rates of pay dependant on experience
- A full-time, long term position with excellent opportunities for career progression.
- A challenging yet rewarding role with an immediate start.
If you feel this is the right role for you, please contact Hollie Myers at Remedy Education on 020-8418-1390