17 days ago
PMLD SEN TA - Harlow, Essex
Remedy Education are looking for a SEN TA with experience supporting PMLD students to work in one our Secondary Schools in Harlow, Essex.
You will be supporting children with PMLD (Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties) and SEN and will be required to support individuals on a 1:1 basis, assisting the teachers with running of the day to day activity within the classroom.
The candidate will need:
- Experience of working with special needs children aged 5 - 18 years
- Must hold a valid DBS certificate
- Experience of teaching children with PMLD and other SEN associated challenging behaviors
- A commitment to working with children with special educational needs
- Must Assist in Personal Care
- Ability to manage confrontation & challenging behavior
- Ability to adapt and respond to children needs and plan accordingly
- Must be an energetic and enthusiastic team player
- Must have patience
- Be proactive
- Ideally have good experience working one to one as a teaching assistant.
- Work well in a team and individually
- Have a positive attitude and have a passion for working with children with Special Needs
Our Clients are educational establishments seeking experienced Special Needs Assistants to start ASAP for day to day and long term contracts which could possibly lead to permanent contracts. Our Clients specialise in providing care and support to children with Special Needs and behavioral difficulties within the Education/ Special Needs sector.