£75 - £85 per day
9 days ago
Long term perm
Personal Care Teaching Assistant - Greenwich, South East London
- September start- Until July 2022
- Personal Care TA position
- Working with a KS3 pupils (year 7)
- Great rate of pay
- Working with an experiences SEN team
The school caters for and educates students up to age 16 years old with severe learning difficulties (SLD). The right candidate must have experience with disabilities and be able to work with pupils who have complex learning difficulties. The right candidate must be extremely hands on and have a can do attitude and be comfortable with personal care.
The school are looking for TAs to work with a successful SEN team on a full time basis Monday-Friday.
Are you a teaching assistant experienced in SLD and/or PMLD? Or are you from a care giving background experienced in providing personal care for individuals with physical disabilities?
If the answer to either of these questions is yes, then please contact us to have an informal chat about how we can help you.
What does the role entail?
- manual handling training - transferring from wheelchair to toilet/physio equipment/ physio bed using hoists.
- toileting - changing, wiping, cleaning up accidents.
- catheterisation for student with spina bifida twice a day (insertion of catheter involved)
- physio exercises
If this role is of interest to you please get in contact with Carly Walters at Remedy Education.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see faqs for details.
Remedy Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.