£75 - £85 per day
19 days ago
Long term perm
Remedy Education is actively seeking a Full time SEN Teaching Assistant to work with a secondary SEN school based in Greenwich.
The school cares for and educates students up to age 19 years old with severe learning difficulties (PMLD). The right candidate must have experience with disabilities and be able to work with pupils who have complex learning difficulties. The right candidate must be extremely hands on and have a can do attitude and be comfortable with personal care.
The school is looking for TAs to work with a successful SEN team on a full time basis Monday-Friday.
Are you a teaching assistant experienced in SLD and/or PMLD? Or are you from a care giving background experienced in providing personal care for individuals with severe learning difficulties?
If the answer to either of these questions is yes, then please contact us to have an informal chat about how we can help you.
What does the role entail:
- manual handling training - transferring from wheelchair to toilet/physio equipment/ physio bed using hoists.
- toileting - changing, wiping, cleaning up accidents.
- catheterisation for student with spina bifida twice a day (insertion of catheter involved
- physio exercises
Who are Remedy and what can they offer?
- Competitive weekly pay paid directly paid through PAYE - No umbrella fees or timesheets!
- Flexible work to fit around your schedule
- Access to our online CPD Academy which allows you to gain qualifications and support to aid your personal and professional development
Remedy Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.