Up to £800 per day
about 1 month ago
Our client is looking for a Director of Procurement to oversee a large procurement service overseeing savings for both Local Authorities.
Duties of this role will be;
- To work as part of the Senior Management team, reporting to the Executive Director, providing strategic direction and leadership to oneSource ensuring the delivery of policy priorities for partner Councils.
- Responsible for the transformation of procurement services through improved capabilities; better use of technology & market insight, and simplification of processes & procedures.
- Lead and manage the strategic Procurement function across oneSource to provide a flexible service that delivers expert & proportionate commercial and market support across a wide range of customer requirements based on their value, complexity and risk.
- To ensure the development and implementation of a Value strategy that maximises the benefits delivered through procurement activity: including savings; community wealth building & social value.
- Through this strategy, to effectively manage annual supplier expenditure of £520m across the councils by focusing on developing the supply base to deliver the required strategic outcomes and ensuring key contracts (with individual annual expenditure up to £50m) deliver ongoing value to the council through their lifecycle.
The ideal candidate will have;
- People management including, motivation, performance and capability
- Strategic leadership in the provision of functions within the Shared Service
- Service improvement, maximising efficiency and new delivery models for the functions within the shared service
- Running major operations or service provision
- Leading, managing and delivering transformational change in a complex organisation
You will also have;
- In depth knowledge of Procurement practice
- A significant understanding of the workings of local government and the challenges being set by the new local government agenda along with the financial, legal and political context of local government
- The ability to set the strategic procurement direction for both Councils, drawing up the overarching strategy for OneSource and the necessary supporting plans for delivery, with and through partners
- Fully CIPS qualified or equivalent and have significant management experience of delivering procurement services in a diverse organisation
The ideal candidate will have overseen at Director level a large commercial service within a Local Authority.
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance.