Oldham, Greater Manchester
£32 - £33 per hour
21 days ago
our client Oldham council are currently looking for a social worker to join their Permanence team.
Our Permanence Team is a well-resourced team dedicated to supporting children and young people where care proceedings have been concluded and stability and permanency is a priority. Our Social Workers carry smaller caseload to support a child- focused, responsive and consistent approach. We value the right to family life and are involved in proceedings including Discharge of Care Orders and Special Guardianship Orders, as well as acting as corporate parent to children and young people in our care.
If you have a strong commitment to working with children in care and relish the opportunity to make a difference in an environment that is structured and targeted towards effective delivery, we would like to hear from you.
To prepare for social work contact and involvement; understanding the journey of a child and their family.
To undertake the assessment of need and/or risk for children and young people and their families, as well as assessing parental capacity to change; continually analysing the situation for children, young people and their families.
To devise, implement and review SMART plans for children and young people, to ensure their needs are being met, that they are safe from harm, and that they are able to achieve optimum outcomes.
To work directly with children, young people and their families; to understand their experiences and intervening to help them make things better in their lives.
To respond appropriately to safeguarding matters, following relevant policies and procedures in matters whereby abuse is suspected.
6. To work in partnership with other agencies, to ensure the most appropriate and effective intervention for children, young people and their families.
7. To work with families pro-actively, exploring contingenc
* Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
* Registration with Social Work England
* ASYE completed
Benefits of working with Remedy
* A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
* Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
* Referral bonus - up to £300* per person placed.
* Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply