Oldham, Greater Manchester
£30 - £33 per hour
24 days ago
Our client Oldham Council is looking for a Senior Practitioner to join their Emergency Duty Team
To screen referrals and undertake investigations and assessments in line the Local Authorities statutory duties. This includes assessment and investigations for vulnerable children, Adults and undertaking assessments under the Mental Health Act.
To maintain records in necessary formats and ensure content by self and team is accurate and personal information is kept confidential.
To prepare, attend and participate in meetings and decision-making forums, for example, Court appearances, Reviews, Panels, Case Conferences or team meetings. To chair meetings as appropriate.
To provide information, data and statistics as required.
To inform managers of service deficiencies or issues interfering with delivering an efficient service, assist to identify and make suggestions for opportunities for improvement.
To act for and advocate on behalf of Service Users, Carers and Families, within the boundaries of corporate and directorate policies.
To develop and maintain appropriate working relationships with partnership agencies, including health and voluntary sector agencies.
- This is an office and community based role
- Candidate must be an Approved Mental Health Professional and have a current AMHP Warrant
- Knowledge of both Children's Social Care and Adults Social Care
- Able to drive and have own vehicle insured for business use
* Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
* Registration with Social Work England
* ASYE completed
* Substantial experience in a Referral & Assessment team.
Benefits of working with Remedy
* A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
* Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
* Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
* Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.