West London, London
£28.00 - £30.00 per hour + Negotiable, depending on experience
16 days ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are currently seeking an experienced Occupational Therapist to work within a Local Authority in West London.
To work in partnership with health, housing and other statutory and voluntary agencies in order to provide high quality and cost effective services across all customer groups and their carers. The OT team provides a specialist service to people of all ages (including children) with physical/mental/ learning disabilities causing substantial functional problems, to promote independence and well being and prevention of deterioration in the community.
To carry a caseload and work with customers, carers and other professionals to undertake timely individualised assessments, produce care plans, review and monitor customers in the context of local guidance, policies, resources and government legislation and work with and/or direct service users to other appropriate services.
- Ability to carry out assessments of customers and carers in line with eligibility criteria and recommend appropriate services
- Ability to demonstrate that equipment recommended is appropriate taking into account the risks the customers undergoes when carrying out activities of daily living
- Ability to assess the risks of moving/handling of customers and their carers in line with the current legislation and to train service users and carers in the correct moving and handling techniques and use of related equipment.
- Ability to recommend adaptations that are necessary and appropriate taking into account the customer's short and long term needs.
- Ability to provide occupational therapy advice and information to colleagues and other sections/departments and outside agencies and represent the occupational therapy service in relevant meetings and working parties.
- Ability to assess the suitability of alternative accommodation in conjunction with relevant housing authority.
- Ability to assess for the provision of wheelchairs and accessories in line with the guidance
- Ability and awareness to identify risk factors in relation to safeguarding of children and adults at risk.
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your recent CV.