The primary purpose of this role is to:
* Undertake holistic person centred assessments, support planning and reviews of people with a range of health conditions and their carers, working within a multi-disciplinary framework.
* Undertake the legal and statutory duties of the post as required by the Care Act.
* Provide a person-centred service which focuses on asset based interventions to enable people to optimise and maximise their abilities, by using strengths based approach.
* Assess for minor pieces of equipment and adaptations which will support the person to remain independent.
* Support people to maintain their independence within their homes by utilising support in the local community and the persons personal networks
* To support and work collaboratively with health colleagues to ensure people receive the required health and social care support within the community, are discharged from hospital within agreed time frames with appropriate support mechanisms in place, prevent hospital admission and pro-actively work with the principles of admission avoidance.
* Manages the allocation of resources required to maintain independence through the use of Personal Budgets and explores all options that are available to people.
* Develop and maintain high standards, within your role and promote integrated working methods within the service.
* Contribute to maintaining quality standards, and ensure self-development is maintained.
* Manages, plans, prioritises and progress cases of an appropriate level of complexity, seeking support and suggesting resolutions for workload difficulties with due regard to service standards, targets and timescales.
* Promote effective communication within the team and with colleagues internal and external of the organisation.
* Assess and evaluate risk in partnership with service users and carers, where required putting in place appropriate interventions, strategies and contingency plans to mitigate risk and to protect vulnerable adults.
* Assess for and arrange delivery/instillation and review for minor equipment, adaptations and non-complex assistive technology, which will maximise the persons independence in line with Trusted Assessor guidelines.
* Support service users and their carers to identify and purchase aids, assisted technology and adaptations and to fit, adjust and demonstrate their use within the person's home where appropriate.
* Use knowledge and skills to develop and advise on rehabilitation plans, promoting choice and independence.
* Support the team to meet performance requirements and outcomes and ensure data is recorded in line with organisational requirements.
* Ensure safeguarding issues are raised in line with the Councils and Health's policies and procedures.
* Promote and implement principles and practices of working within an integrated health and social care framework.
Please contact Holly at Remedy on 0208 418 7676 for further information, alternatively please respond to this advert with a copy of your up to date CV