Hammersmith and Fulham, London
£25 - £32 per hour
about 2 months ago
Occupational Therapist, Adult Social Care Team, Hammersmith and Fulham, from £25-£35ph
If you are an experienced Occupational Therapist with Adult Social Care experience, we want to hear from you.
To provide an Occupational Therapy service to physically disabled and older residents within the Royal Borough.
Main duties include:
- Providing an Occupational Therapy service to physically disabled and older residents within the Borough
- Responsible for and manage a caseload
- Assessing and advise service users and their informal carers on all aspects of their daily life, under the Care Act 2014
- Assessing and make recommendations, as appropriate under the 1996 Housing Act
- Working with service users to identify and set goals to increase their independence and prevent the need for longer term services, ensuring the person's wellbeing
- Working with Community Independence Assistants
- Advising on methods of overcoming problems of daily living by using new techniques e.g. to assist with dressing, bathing, cooking, involving carers/family where appropriate
- Adjusting the environment to suit the service user's needs by recommending and ordering appropriate and cost effective equipment and/or minor adaptations to the home
- Liaising with the Department of Environmental Health and external agencies with regard to the provision of Disabled Facilities Grants, if required
- Taking part in the Duty System
- Undertaking duty visits as needed and organise urgent intervention including care packages
- Ensuring that any recommendations are implemented by liaising with the relevant departments as necessary
- Working in partnership with voluntary and statutory agencies and ensure that the service user has all the relevant information and support services
- Maintaining concise electronic records of assessments and other contacts with users, relatives and other professionals in accordance with departmental and professional policies.
- Keeping abreast of developments within the OT profession and in the provision of Social Care
- Acting as a representative of the OT team or service at meetings or on working parties
- Diploma of the College of Occupational Therapists or B Sc O.T.
- Registered as an Occupational Therapist with the Health Professions Council (HPC)
- Experience of working with older and disabled people
- Ability to undertake holistic assessments of service user's and carer's needs and establish their priorities
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and an awareness of its impact on user group
Benefits of working with Remedy
- A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
- Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs.
- Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
- Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV to Lucy Raven on the social care team.
Remedy Recruitment Group Ltd is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.