West Sussex, England
depending on experience
20 days ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are currently seeking an Occupational Therapist
You will need to be:
- SWE registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
You will work as part of a strong and dynamic Occupational therapy service. In this role you will be required to undertake strengths-based assessments (as directed by Care Act 2014) utilising Occupational Therapy skills and knowledge to develop and implement a plan of support, aimed at improving wellbeing and delivering outcomes for people. The OT will be required to assess and provide equipment and minor works and have good manual handling knowledge and ability ensuring the reablement programme is monitored and reviewed and the person's outcomes are met. The plan may include advice, information, the provision of assistive equipment and recommendations for home adaptation. You'll be expected to use up to date evidence-based practice to inform your intervention and where appropriate carry out risk assessments and undertake assessments under the Mental capacity Act and/or Deprivation of Liberty safeguards. Maintaining continual professional development (CPD) and sharing best practice with colleagues to deliver positive outcomes for residents in West Sussex is key. Linking people back into their communities, removing barriers to engagement and providing interventions that support resilience and maintain wellbeing is also essential to this role. Key Skills:
1. Ability to apply a risk enablement approach and use evidence-based practice.
2. Ability to complete a strengths-based assessment (as directed by the Care Act 2014).
3. Ability to develop a person-centred care and support plan with clearly defined outcomes.
4. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in order to interact effectively with a range of stakeholders to provide clear advice and guidance and clinical interventions.
5. Ability to prioritise and organise work and meet agreed performance expectations.
6. Sound and accurate IT skills to ensure effective record keeping, respecting confidentiality.
Why Choose Remedy?
- Competitive pay rates
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- 1st tier agency
- Up to £250 for each social work professional you refer to us who we place*
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly