£10 - £13 per hour
7 months ago
Early Years Teaching Assistant
Remedy Education are currently recruiting for one of their fantastic client schools located in Lewisham/Southwark. The Ofsted Outstanding Primary school, are looking for an Early Years Teaching Assistant to work 1:1 with a child in Nursery that has Global Delay.
The school aims to provide all children with the best possible learning opportunities in order to develop into confident, independent and questioning young adults. Academic success in ensuring that the children make excellent progress and achieve attainment above the national average is what we hope each member of staff value and pursue.
The ideal candidate would have experience working with Global Delay,as you will have a good understanding of the approaches and forms of support which can help children with autism to manage their condition and fulfill their potential. It would be highly beneficial to have experience working with the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum, as you will be following this but adapting when appropriate for the child's needs with an effective yet efficient approach.
To apply, we are looking for applicants with the following:
- A minimum of 6 months experience working with Children.
- Experience with autism is essential.
- Previous experience dealing with SEMH and behaviour management advantageous.
- Good behaviour management skills.
- Patience and persistency
- Experience with PECs and Makaton (Highly Desirable)
- Autism Awareness Course (Highly Desirable)
- An Enhanced 'Child Workforce' DBS on the Update Service. (Or willing to apply ASAP).
- x2 Graded References from previous employers.
- Availability full-time, and long-term. (08:30am - 15.30pm)
If you feel you are suitable and fit the above-mentioned criteria, then please don't hesitate and send your CV through to Carly Walters at Remedy Education.