about 2 months ago
Nursery Manager - Harrow North West Lonfon
- To provide leadership for the nursery, expert knowledge and skills in developing children to ensure compliance with the Children's Act and to follow the guidelines set down by Ofsted and the EYFS to enable all children to be developed in a safe and secure environment to reach their full potential.
- To ensure that the welfare of the child is paramount, including child protection.
This is a full time long term to permanent position starting ASAP in our lovely private nursery based in Harrow.
Working hours are established in accordance with the operational requirements of the Company. Whilst the normal working week for non-managerial employees is 40 hours per week, management staff are expected to work such hours and days as are necessary to fulfil the requirements of the job and meet the needs of the Company's business ranging from 8.00am to 6.00pm exclusive of an unpaid lunch break.
- Staff must be able to identify and take appropriate steps if they have any child protection concerns.
- Set and deliver clear operational objectives and performance standards of the nursery working within agreed company policies and procedure.
- To maximise and deliver on financial targets directly related to nursery performance.
- To develop, lead and motivate a team, ensuring performance is maximised and potential managed.
- Deliver a programme of childcare from birth to 5 years old which meets legislative standards and considers children from differing cultures, religious backgrounds and those who may have additional needs.
- Supervise the organisation of activities to develop all aspects of a child's individual development in a stimulating environment.
- To have due regard for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and to follow the child protection procedures adopted by the Company.
- Maintain and develop appropriate systems to file children's developmental records.
- Provide strong support for the team ensuring safe working practices and staff ratios are effectively deployed to adequately meet the needs of the children.
- Represent the nursery, internally and externally arranging appointments, organising and hosting parents evenings & other special events and act as a role model throughout the business as a Childcare Professional.
- Ensure all nursery employee records are accurately updated including holidays, appraisals, payroll, attendance on courses, DBS checks certificates and references.
- Coach and develop the team to ensure positive and proactive attitudes and behaviours are demonstrated throughout the nursery.
- Any many more
To be accepted for this role you must hold a current DBS. Please apply now or call Sophie at Remedy for more information.