£44 - £45 per hour
19 days ago
The duties of the Service Manager will include but not limited to:
* To have responsibility for the effective delivery of the statutory responsibilities of the Local Authority to people with social care/mental health needs aged 18 and above, and their families and carers.
* The post holder will have delegated responsibility for the management of identified staff, budgets, resources and projects, and will ensure that those resources are managed efficiently and effectively, and that any projects are delivered on time and within budget.
* To lead on ensuring that operational delivery of mental health services interfaces with health partners and delivers integrated care.
* To support the Head of Service in maintaining the ethos of the division and in enhancing the performance and reputation of the service, in the context of the council's overall objectives, national health and social care objectives & local objectives.
* To ensure mental health services are provided and developed in such a way that promotes independence, choice and social inclusion.
* To support the Head of Service in the development and implementation of the national agenda for Adult Social Care whilst making a contribution to the national and local priorities of the Department.
* To be responsible for the effective implementation of the Council's Safeguarding Adults, Governance and Quality Assurance arrangements within the services managed.
* To directly manage and provide leadership support to Team Managers across the mental health services managed.
* To plan, develop and deliver person-centred services for people with mental health difficulties, which promotes independence, choice and social inclusion.
* To act as one of the Council's advisors on their social care statutory responsibilities and to be a subject matter expert within the service area managed.
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance.