Up to £350 per day
14 days ago
The purpose of this role is:
* To contribute to the innovation and project funnel by analysing and defining existing and to-be processes across various functions.
* To lead and/or participate in business process improvement initiatives for cross-functional areas to streamline processes, digitalise where feasible, reduce non-value activity and increase efficiency.
* Analysing the existing IT systems and IT technology being used, assessing for feasibility and efficiency whilst providing recommendations for improvement and new technology and embedding into the wider end-to-end process redesign.
* Working alongside the Senior BA and service business leads, at all levels of the organisation, the Business Analyst will drive improvement opportunities from identification of opportunity through implementation to deliver quantifiable and efficiency gains using process improvement methodologies such as Agile, Lean 6 sigma methods.
Job Context The Management of Council Housing is currently an In house Service, run by Resident services for the whole of the Borough of Newham. Resident Services is responsible for the provision of housing and leasehold services to council tenants and leaseholders. The Housing and Repairs and Maintenance Service areas are embarking on an ambitious cross functional business and digital transformation project to facilitate improved business processes, embedding digital solutions into the end to end business processes whilst improving the overall customer experience. Key Tasks and Accountabilities:
Key tasks and accountabilities are intended to be a guide to the range and level of work expected of the post holder. This is not an exhaustive list of all tasks that may fall to the post holder and employees will be expected to carry out such other reasonable duties which may be required from time to time. To undertake all responsibilities listed below:
* Documenting and mapping of 'As Is' operational processes through a discovery phase, interviewing SMEs and residents, user stories and conducting workshops and gaining process approvals.
* Responsible for documenting and mapping 'To Be' operational processes, conducting workshops and gaining approvals for the new enduring processes
* Conducting GAPS analysis on the current systems being used and providing recommendations for improvement
* Facilitation of work sessions to define the current state and identify business problems in accordance to the transformation program, develop root cause analyses and suggest areas of performance improvement - liaising with external stakeholders will also be required as some processes are heavily reliant on external suppliers and stakeholders
* Create process maps levels of detail using Lean tools such as Value stream maps and Value-add analysis etc.
Conduct interviews or facilitate cross-functional sessions with business users and residents.
* Project management whilst utilising tools such as Microsoft Project, regularly presenting project plan to stakeholders
* Report writing - collating and analysing data whilst interpreting findings and/or future plans/recommendations writing various reports - Compile and present data (power point presentations) findings and recommendations to various stakeholders.
* Collect and analyse data from disparate sources including data from corporate IT systems
* Evaluate and monitor results to make data driven decisions and make recommendations to key stakeholders.
* Build and maintain current state and future state detailed process flow diagrams to show visual representation of process activities, resources, and systems.
* Instil a process/performance improvement culture and an accountable mind-set of continuous improvement. Promote process-focused culture in which processes enable the successful achievement of business objectives.
* Create culture change of ways of working
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
* Proven previous experience (at least 5 years) in end to end process redesign projects with clear benefits realisation
* Lean six sigma project experience and qualification
* Agile project experience
* High degree of computer literacy, particularly able to use Microsoft 365 tools including advanced use of Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, and other communications software
* Excellent problem-solving skills, and ability to quickly evaluate situations and initiate appropriate actions.
* Knowledge of how IT systems (corporate systems and bespoke) function, integrations and impact
* Experience of facilitating meetings or workshops
* Experience of keeping to tight deadlines and timescales
* Business Culture change management (desired but not essential):
* Knowledge of local government or other public sector environment or Charity
* Housing and Repairs and maintenance related project experience particularly end to end responsive repairs
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance.