£38 - £40 per hour
14 days ago
Safeguarding Governance Senior Officer
Our client is looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic person to assist the Safeguarding Governance team in the delivery of robust quality systems that will drive up standards for safeguarding practice across the Newham partnership. As part of this role you will be developing, implementing and monitoring policy and practice to ensure safeguarding work is Care Act compliant and in line with the principles of Making Safeguarding Personal.
In addition, there will be operational safeguarding work in relation to largescale organisational concerns and host borough responsibilities.
Key duties will be;
*To monitor data exceptions on Azeus, ensuring safeguarding activity is updated in preparation for the relevant performance returns.
*Assist in the development of safeguarding data trends and themes for presentation to managers and partners
*Attend meetings and learning events to deliver Safeguarding Adults awareness, information and advice
*To assist and participate in the Safeguarding Adults Board sub-groups when requested, including the SARs panel and associated work.
*To act as a Safeguarding Adults Manager for safeguarding organisational concerns enquiries
*To provide advice, guidance and support to ensure good governance for all safeguarding activity in the London Borough of Newham Essential skills
* Qualified social worker/ or equivalent professional health and social care qualification.
* Excellent working knowledge of Safeguarding Adults procedures and current issues including governance and quality assurance
* Good written, communication and negotiation skills.
* Excellent ICT skills including excel and data scrutiny
* Ability to work on own initiative in a busy, fast paced environment.
* Must be able to demonstrate a high level of understanding of the Mental Capacity Act and how this impacts on safeguarding.
Desirable skills * Qualified as a Best Interests Assessor.
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in th first instance.