£25 - £31 per hour
25 days ago
Our client is looking for an enthusiastic internal communications officer who will ensure their workforce is able to keep pace with service transformation; deliver on their commitment for greater transparency, and ensure they really hear what their staff have to say.
Reporting to the Director of Children's Services and working alongside colleagues from across the service, you'll lead on all aspects of internal communications - from news bulletins and improvement updates, to staff engagement sessions and intranet content.
With a successful track record of delivering impactful internal communications and experience of transformation in a complex organisation, you'll have the energy and talent to ensure our internal communications are relevant, engaging and bring staff with us on our transformation journey.
- Lead on the planning and delivery of high quality, dynamic and impactful internal communications for children's services * Develop effective two-way internal communications and engagement consistent with the council's vision and values * Identify new channels and options for improved employee engagement * Ensure the intranet is kept up to date with news and updates relevant to children's services staff * Produce content for a range of internal communications channels * Coordinate staff briefing sessions and internal events * Work with colleagues across the organisation to ensure a proactive and joined up approach to communications * Provide professional advice and support on communications issues to lead members and officers * Ensure that communications with staff are timely, accurate, credible and valued * Take editorial responsibility for children's services sections of the staff intranet, staff newsletters and bulletins.
- Be a source of professional expertise on internal communications and change, including developments in professional practice, new techniques and advances * Maintain relationships with stakeholders and communications staff in partner organisations as required to support the delivery of effective communications.
- Demonstrable understanding and experience of internal communications methodologies, techniques, practices and current thinking * A proven track record of developing and implementing successful communications strategies in complex organisations * Experience of finding positive solutions to complex communications challenges * Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle * Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with a creative and innovative approach to work * Political sensitivity and the ability to form productive, professional working relationships with councillors, staff and stakeholders at all levels * A qualification in public relations, marketing or journalism would be desirable
- Ability to find solutions to complex communications challenges, with a track record of success * Ability to communicate strategically, with excellent written and oral communications skills, including presentations * An understanding of how local government works and current issues and challenges facing it * Knowledge of children's services and issues facing children's social care practitioners.
- Ability to use time effectively and to operate to tight deadlines in pressurised environments * Ability to operate effectively in an environment of ongoing change * A high level of interpersonal skills * Willing to work outside normal office hours as required
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance.