£400 - £450 per day
6 days ago
Key Tasks and Accountabilities:
Key tasks and accountabilities are intended to be a guide to the range and level of work expected of the post holder. This is not an exhaustive list of all tasks that may fall to the post holder and employees will be expected to carry out such other reasonable duties which may be required from time to time.
1. To lead the project teams ensuring all members surpass their role and obligations as set out in any SLA or contractual agreement.
2. To critically analyse data produced by the project team members to obtain qualified justifications for any proposed works and their associated costs whilst ensuring records are appropriately kept of the complete process.
3. To ensure the project team carry out project feasibilities and appraisals using suitable techniques to ensure the options provided clearly justify the reason for the works their costs and the impact on both the council and leaseholders.
4. To manage the development of collaborative working with chosen contractors and strategic alliance partners, co-ordinating and integrating essential activities such as supply chain management, specification development, and consultation with residents. To develop project specific briefs to ensure all projects meet Newham Council's' objectives and comply with the contractual terms of any agreement to ensure best value in cost, performance, quality and future maintenance.
5. To ensure the project team adopts and undertakes the RIBA Planned Work approach when consulting with residents and other stakeholders throughout the life of the project from the development of initial feasibilities and final proposals, through the design stage and the execution of work, to final feedback and assessment of satisfaction with the project outcome.
6. To interface and manage the relationship between residents, the contractor and the consultant to ensure all team members and other stakeholders engage with residents as necessary so the project teams meet Newham Council's objective of maximising consultation and reducing complaints .
7. To convene, chair project team meetings in accordance with agreed project programmes and to monitor, record and report all aspects of project progress and to respond to questions from residents, members and other stakeholders.
8. To act as Newham Council's Client Representative under the terms of any contractual or SLA arrangements.
9. To monitor and manage the project as a whole, so as to ensure the project team meet the project aims and objectives regarding delivery, on time and to budget and to the necessary quality, by using their knowledge and skills in the field of construction and financial control.
10. To critically analyse and evaluate performance and financial data on projects, contractors, consultants and the overall capital programme and in turn using the analysed data and your evaluation of the data to manage contractors and consultants performance against agreed targets. Challenging data where appropriate,
11. To manage the project team such that the council complies with its legal obligations with regard to planning, building control, listed building and conservation area consent so that projects and the capital programme generally surpass its agreed timescales.
12. To be accountable for ensuring that the Client's role and duties in relation to CDM are compliant and to ensure contractors are competent to carry out their Health & Safety responsibilities under CDM and other H&S legislation.
13. To manage the project team such that the council complies with its obligations under the Leasehold and Commonhold Reform Act 2002 and that all relevant costs can be charged to and recovered from leaseholders.
14. To arrange, the effective 'handover' of the project at practical completion, so that the resident satisfaction and desired quality is surpassed.
15. To attend meetings on behalf of the Council and report to senior managers and other staff, residents' bodies or Newham Council on issues related to the Housing Capital Programme or schemes within it.
16. To represent the department at relevant inter-departmental and corporate meetings. To represent the Council on issues which may require a high degree of discretion and sensitivity when in contact with external companies, including consultants and contractors
17. To complete the appraisal of proposed new programmes and projects and the evaluation of programmes and projects.
18. To use the councils project management module within its Keystone Asset Management system ensuring all relevant information required to undertake duties of the role is captured and processes are followed and that data is recorded in a timely manner.
19. To carry out any appropriate duties as directed at any office location in the Borough, to ensure the level of service delivery within Newham Council is maintained.
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance.