£39300 - £39928 per annum
23 days ago
Our client medway council is looking for a Adoption Social Worker to join their team.
Purpose of the Job:
Manage a caseload of various levels of complexity, involving the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of appropriate action, to ensure that resources are utilised effectively to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and their families and to provide assessments for prospective adopters.
Liaise with adoptive parents, adopted children, social workers, foster carers and birth parents as necessary and appropriate to carry out the work.
Raise the standard of professional work within the Team by contributing to training initiatives and "in-house" core training courses for Newly Qualified, Developing and Maturing Practitioners whilst consolidating a breadth of social work practice.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Manage a high and diverse number of cases within the parameters of agreed policies and practices, together with the professional guidance and support from Senior Practitioners to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and meet their individual needs.
- Work in partnership with the child, parents and carers, Health Service including Acute and Community Trusts and with Primary Care Trusts, Education Authority, District Councils, commercial and private sector and voluntary bodies to identify, evaluate and review care plans to produce positive outcomes for children and their adoptive and foster families.
- Assist the Senior Practitioner and other colleagues in identifying, planning and delivering its core tasks of recruiting, assessment, training and supervision of adoptive families and foster carers to a high professional standard.
- Keep contemporaneous case notes and regularly update records, reports, plans and assessments so that information and planning for the children is the most relevant and current.
- Maintain an awareness of changes in child development etc., and related theories, legislation, corporate and directorate policies, local and agency practices, in order to disseminate knowledge and contribute to the delivery of a high standard of service.
- Attend regular "in-house" core training courses, compile a portfolio of evidence supported by experiences in the field to achieve appropriate competency levels
- Regularly review the progress and implementation of children's plans and update these based on new assignments or significant changes in the child or family circumstances
- Prepare applications for submission to Family Courts and represent the County Council's Children & Families Service as and when required in Court in accordance with procedures to safeguard and promote the welfare of children.
- Keep up to date with research findings, theoretical models and innovative practice within the social work field.
* Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
* Registration with Social Work England
* ASYE completed
Benefits of working with Remedy
* A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
* Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
* Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
* Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.