£31.00 - £32.00 per hour + Rates are negotiable
Ben - Media_1620293788
about 2 months ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are looking for a Media Officer to join Westminster City Council.
Purpose of the job
To promote the City Council and its policies through the delivery of an effective proactive and reactive media and public relations service.
Main responsibilities & activities supporting them
- To deliver an effective proactive and reactive media and public relations service for the authority
- To deal with enquiries from print, broadcast and online media and ensure that the council's position is credible and effectively communicated.
- To provide advice and strategies to maximise positive media coverage for the Council.
- To research and write press releases/briefing notes and fact sheets on Council services and initiatives
- To build and maintain close links with national, regional, trade and local media and develop contacts within specialist area of activity
- To organise photo calls and briefings for journalists
- To provide advice and support to officers and elected Members
- To write copy for a range of Council publications
- To undertake other duties as directed in line with the overall communications objectives of the Council
To deal with enquiries from media and ensure that the council's position is credible and effectively communicated
- Dealing with media enquiries accurately within target times agreed as part of the annual work plan.
- Responding to enquiries and proactively briefing journalists by acting as a credible spokesman for the City Council
- Providing an out of hour's service in the evenings and at weekends on a rota basis. This duty requires being able to issue media statements and respond to enquiries during non-office hours
- Provision of an emergency media service as directed by the City Council or Police in the event of a major emergency.
- Recording enquiries and stories in the Newsflash system.
- Contributing to the evaluation of the effectiveness of media work
Why join Remedy?
1st Tier agency
2 payrolls a week
Referral Bonus's up to £400