Manchester, Greater Manchester
£27 - £30 per hour
22 days ago
our client Manchester City Council is looking for a Social Worker to join their Fostering team.
Manchester Local Authority are seeking experienced Social Workers to join their Locality teams in South, Central and North Districts of the city to complete Family and Friends Assessments in order to support children living within their family. this role also involves supervising and supporting the Connected Carers
This is a specific post which works across the locality teams where the aim is to place Looked after Children with family members. The role will require you to carry out viability and full assessments including Special Guardianship Assessments to determine the suitability of family members who are potentially capable of taking on the responsibility of caring for the child/children in question and supervising and supporting those carers who have been already approved.
You will be working in close proximity to the allocated children's Social Workers who are based within the Locality service as to provide a seamless transition of cases and ensure that the child has a more holistic package of care where the professionals dealing with the case have a clear idea of the child's situation and care plan.
To be considered for this post you should have experience in carrying out Assessments and previous court work.
Job Roles and Responsibilities
- Hold professional responsibility for a case load of family and friends connected people
- Work within tight timescales and court deadlines
- Present cases to fostering panel
- Supervise Regulation 24 and fully approved connected carer placements
- Complete viability, regulation 24, fostering and SGO assessments
- Complete Duty tasks including urgent and immediate assessments
- Ensure each carers personal records are maintained within the required standards.
- Manage a complex and dynamic case load.
- Undertake home visits, assessment visits and reference visits.
- Supervise and support Connected Carers
- Ensure that at all times you work with a commitment to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
- Participates in the organisations out of hours and/or duty rota
- Attends meetings and team events as required
- Participates in an annual performance review
- Works in accordance with all the policies and procedures of the organisation, especially those relating to Child Protection and Safeguarding, fostering, observing at all times the strict rules of confidentiality appropriate to the role
- Undertake such other duties as may be reasonably requested of a Supervising/assessing Social Worker by a senior manager
- Dynamic, innovative, committed and passionate, you'll bring a good knowledge and skill-base to the challenge of working with vulnerable children and families.
- Gained 2 years+ post qualifying experience in social work interventions that promote the safety and wellbeing of children
- Be able to assess effectively, manage risk and plan in an outcome focused way
- Be confident in delivering and willing to improve upon effective direct work interventions with families to secure positive outcomes for children
- Able to integrate information and resources from other professionals and family members when undertaking assessments and interventions
- Committed to your own continuous professional development and learning
- Able to integrate systemic practice and strength-based approaches into your work
- Able to work co-operatively and constructively and thrive in a complex environment.
* Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
* Registration with Social Work England
* ASYE completed
Benefits of working with Remedy
* A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
* Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
* Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
* Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.