£70 - £85 per day
2 months ago
Do you have experience/ are you passionate about working with students with Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties?
Are you looking to make a difference in young adult's lives?
Remedy Education are currently looking for educators who are passionate about working with children with severe learning difficulties. We are working with a PMLD school in Lambeth and seeking an LSA to start ASAP supporting male learners.
THE SCHOOL -
Based in the heart of Lambeth the school supports PMLD learners KS1 and KS2 - young children. Easily accessible via bus, tube, and train the school also offers on-site parking. It's run by a supportive and engaged SLD and offers excellent career development opportunities.
THE ROLE -
- 5 days per week, 8.30am until 4.15pm
- Working with young people who have PMLD
- Support learners throughout the college day in both curricula and extra-curricula activities in collaboration with other staff
- Assist teachers with classroom set up and delivery of lessons
- Work with students 121 and small groups
- Assist learners in using adaptive equipment/aids required to enable them to participate in college life more fully and where necessary, attend training to be able to operate adaptive equipment effectively
Experience of working with children or young adults with learning difficulties
A willingness to get involved and get messy
Ability to work as part of a team
Good oral and written communication skills
NVQ Level 2 or higher qualification in Social Care
A vocational qualification relevant to working with adults with profound and
severe learning difficulties, e.g. Makaton Signing.
An understanding of how different disabilities can affect a learner's ability to take part or contribute to activities.
WHAT NEXT -
To apply, please send a CV to Carly Walters at Remedy Education (including your contact details). For more info please call Carly on, 0208 418 1390.