£70 - £80 per day
21 days ago
Learning Mentor, Lambeth
Remedy Education are currently recruiting a full-time Male learning Mentor working with students in a specialist school, with academic studies as well as pastorally.
This role is helping students who are struggling in class and need extra support with their barriers to learning, preparing them for work and generally enabling them to manage their behaviour and work with their peers.
If you are a motivated, patient individual, who wants a rewarding position in a school with children with additional needs and SEMH, then please contact me for more details.
- Working in the classroom you will be working with a variety of learners but could be assigned one particular student to support their individual needs.
- Providing additional academic and pastoral support to students across the school as required
- To develop and deliver best practice in learning, teaching and assessment with the guidance of the class teachers.
The successful candidate for this position will have:
- Experience of working in support as a learning mentor or in a support role in either a school or college.
- An understanding of additional needs including challenging behaviour and SEMH.
- Education experience desirable but not essential - experience working with young people or vulnerable adults is an advantage.
- A current DBS (Updated)
If you are interested in this role, please apply with your updated CV now to Carly Walters at Remedy Education and she will contact you to discuss the role with you.
Remedy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All of our positions are subject to the relevant checking procedures.
Remedy Education is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunities employer.