£75 - £85 per day
4 months ago
Long term perm
Secondary Teaching Assistant - Greenwich, South East London
Remedy Education are currently recruiting for Secondary Teaching Assistants in Greenwich to work within a variety of Ofsted rated secondary schools in Greenwich throughout the next academic year, commencing September 2020
- Teaching Assistant
- KS3 - KS5
- Secondary Schools
- £70 - £90 per day
- Flexible start dates from September 2020
The successful teaching assistant will be required to support whole classes as well as carrying out 1:1 help with students when needed. Teaching or classroom assistants support teachers by helping to supervise activities in the classroom, working with children on an individual, small group or whole class basis. They may also manage other learning support staff and report on children's progress.
The successful teaching assistant will have:
- Patience, flexibility and assertiveness
- The ability to support KS3 and KS4 students who need to catch up after the closure of their school due to the pandemic
- Confidence in managing behaviour
- A passion for supporting students emotionally and academically
- Be confident in undertaking duties to support the class teacher as and when required under the direction of the class teacher
- The ability to work with groups of children or with individuals with specific needs
- Experience working within a UK school
- The ability to assess and report on the progress of students
What Remedy Education can offer:
- High rates of pay
- The ability to choose where and when you work
- The option to work with your chosen year groups or Key Stage
- Great opportunities to work in a secondary school local to where you live
- Continuous feedback
- A dedicated, experienced consultant available to you always
- A fantastic referral scheme
- Opportunities to work day to day, or longer term with opportunities to be offered permanent posts
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria.
Remedy Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Dunbar Education will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Remedy Education is an equal opportunities employer.
If you are interested in hearing more about teaching assistant roles in Greenwich please contact Carly Walters at Remedy Education today!