£80 - £90 per day
20 days ago
Remedy Education is currently recruiting for experienced ASD teaching/learning support assistants, to work in a SEND schools across South East London.
The role is suited for someone very positive and resilient who understands that the challenging behaviour is part of the pupils' condition.
As this roles involve working with pupils on the ASD spectrum, typically with challenging behaviours and complex needs, previous experience of working with pupils in SEND settings is ideal but not essential.
For this role, you will ideally need:
* Be able to work either part or full-time
* Have previous experience working with children, or young adults, with ASD and complex needs
* Confidence dealing with pupils with different abilities and SEND requirements
* A good knowledge of the national curriculum or confident in supporting small groups with particular
subject/s (e.g. Numeracy, literacy booster groups)
* Able of dealing with challenging behaviour, promoting focus with strong classroom management and
on-going 1:1 support where necessary
* Good interpersonal and communication skills
* General knowledge / good understanding of ASD
Other experience and qualifications which are preferable:
·Confidence implementing support techniques, such as PEC's & Makaton
·Team Teach qualified
Successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory references, as well as possessing an up to date DBS or be willing to apply for one through Remedy Education.
Remedy Education offers all Learning Support Assistants:
* Excellent rates of pay
* Professional support from our team of experienced consultants
* A wide variety of different positions, both day to day and long term
* Continued support through all placements via a dedicated consultant
If this role is of interest to you, please feel free to contact Carly Walters at Remedy Education on for further information.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see candidates/frequently-asked-questions for further details.
Remedy Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.