£22.06 - £23.06 per hour
21 days ago
Our client Liverpool City Council is looking for a Social Worker to join their Standard Adult Services & Health team.
All hours up to 37 in any one week will be paid at plain time. All hours above 37 in any one week will be paid at time and a half (double time on Sunday). For part time staff, overtime worked on Saturday or Sunday will attract the appropriate weekend enhancement after the first 2 hours which will be paid at plain time.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To contribute to the operational delivery of an effective Adult Social Care Service as part of an integrated team responsible for safeguarding, support planning and promoting the wellbeing of adults with care and support needs continuously improving outcomes. To identify individual needs through assessment. To plan and co-design individual support plans. To ensure that regular monitoring and reviews of support plans are carried out. To be responsible for social work provision including managing own caseload whilst managing the reputation of the Department and Council and complying with national and service procedures and guidance.
MAIN AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
1. Hold and effectively manage a complex and varied caseload with appropriate supervision, guidance and support, reflecting the function of the team and Adult Social Care in accordance with policy, procedures, guidance and legislation.
2. Undertake work within legislative frameworks including the preparation of written reports, statements and representations to the judiciary at Court hearings and applications to the Court of Protection.
3. Accountable for complex decision making in relation to caseloads ensuring professional judgement, evidence-based tools, critical reflection and analysis to inform this.
4. Communicate skilfully and confidently in complex or high-risk situations. Model and help colleagues develop communication skills
5. Attend and represent the department at a range of multi-disciplinary forums and undertaking the role of Chair as required.
6. Undertake direct work with service users, carers and families in line with interagency safeguarding adults' policy and procedures.
7. To make appropriate assessment and act as care navigator for the individuals presenting with eligible social care needs within appropriate time limits and in collaboration with health and other agencies.
8. To plan relevant responses to meet individual needs in collaboration with carers, advocates and representatives in consultation with health and other agencies.
9. To ensure the delivery within financial resources available of services to meet assessed needs and outcomes.
10.To maintain an effective system for coordination, monitoring and reviewing support plans and service standards, to identify gaps in service or unmet need and advise line manager and commissioners.
* Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
* Registration with Social Work England
* ASYE completed
Benefits of working with Remedy
* A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
* Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
* Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
* Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.