£28 - £30 per hour
25 days ago
Our client, Liverpool City Council is looking for a Social worker to join their Childrens assessment service.
- Ensure the Council meets its statutory obligations to safeguard children, complying with legislation, policy and procedures and relevant frameworks.
- Work within safeguarding frameworks to investigate and manage risk where children and young people have experienced or are likely to experience significant harm.
- Ensure that all information is gathered to inform risk assessments and critically analysed to inform the plan.
- Ensure that own/others casework decision making is robust by providing challenge and critical refection with detailed analysis informing professional judgements.
- Hold and effectively manage a complex and varied caseload with appropriate supervision, guidance and support, reflecting the function of the team and Children's Social Care in accordance with policy, procedures, guidance and legislation.
- Undertake work within legislative frameworks including the preparation of written statements and representations to the judiciary at Court hearings.
- Demonstrate a critical knowledge of the range of theories and models for social work intervention with individuals, families, groups and communities, and the methods derived from them.
- Have delegated responsibility for the supervision and development of team members, including Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE) and social work students, ensuring high quality standards of performance and practice.
- Actively engage in risk management policies, procedures and practice and to advise the Team Manager of resource shortfalls and recommend improved methods of working where appropriate.
- Apply the principles of the Working Together Framework to promote best outcomes for children, young people and families.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external colleagues to co-ordinate service delivery. To chair/contribute to multi agency and Service meetings.
- Model effective communication skills appropriate to role and communicate effectively in highly charged or challenging circumstances.
- Respond to the needs of children, young people and families, whilst meeting statutory responsibilities and ensuring views and wishes are heard and recorded accurately.
- Ensure both own reports and those of others are up to date, of a high quality and submitted according to appropriate timescales
- Encourage and ensure that children, young people, families, and significant others are involved in and contribute to assessment planning, interventions and decision making using agreed Evidence Based Assessment tools .
- Maintain own Continuous Professional Development and develop a high level of professional knowledge through research, and reading, providing a source of expertise and developing specialist knowledge as required. To develop the required management knowledge and expertise.
- Promote leading edge innovative best practice across all tiers of the team.
You will need to be:
Social work england registered
Eligible to work in the UK
Atleast 1 year post qualifying experience
If you do not have the required experience, you will not be contacted.
Why Choose Remedy?
Competitive pay rates
Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
1st tier agency
Up to £250 for each social work professional you refer to us who we place*
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly