about 1 month ago
Level 3 British Sign Language Teaching Assistant - Lewisham South East London
Remedy Education are looking for a BSL Teaching Assistant to work full time in our lovely SEN school in Lewisham South East London.
The prefect candidates needs to be Level 3 BSL and have a current DBS. The position is full time on a long term basis.
- Provide communication support throughout the school day to enable full access to the curriculum and extra-curricular activities e.g. lessons, assemblies, parent's evenings, school visits and other school events.
- Liaise with the Lead Teacher of the Deaf and mainstream teachers in order to maintain a comprehensive level of support.
- Promote students' independence skills in communication, learning and social skills with the school setting.
- Promote inclusion of deaf students within the mainstream classroom.
- To support other staff, colleagues and children in understanding the needs of Deaf children including the use of audiological equipment and acquiring BSL skills
- Liaise with parents of deaf students as appropriate under the direction of the Lead Teacher of the Deaf.
- Read through lesson plans and liaise with mainstream teachers in advance to ensure understanding of content, teaching objectives and find out required BSL signs.
- Follow any advice by the Teacher of the Deaf regarding the student and raise any concerns with them.
- To be proactive in supporting the child in any way necessary (IEP/EHCP targets, testing audiological equipment, contributing to Annual Reviews)
- Attend Unit meetings and school meetings with appropriate
If you think you are the right person for this role please apply now, you can also contact Sophie at Remedy for more information, 0208 418 1390.