£80 - £90 per day
about 2 months ago
Long term perm
LSA - Learning Support Assistant (SEND) - Greenwich, South East London
Learning Support Assistant to Special Education Needs (SEN) students in an excellent mainstream secondary school.
Salary: £80 - £90 per day
Hours: Full time - Monday to Friday
Responsible to: Head of SEND/SENCO
- A thriving, voluntary aided, comprehensive school for girls aged 11-18 and with boys in the Sixth Form.
- The school maintains a strong community spirit in North West London which aims to provide a rounded education of all abilities.
Suited to an enthusiastic and motivated individual who would be passionate in supporting the work of the
Special Educational Needs & Disabilities department. The post could involve a mixture of supporting students with additional needs in class and supporting groups in the department's resource area.
- Have a good level of education, degree preferable but not essential
- Display a caring and empathetic nature and excellent interpersonal skills
- Physically capable of manual handling
- Good speaking, writing and IT skills
- Have confidence to guide and lead young people
- Have evidence of excellent attendance and punctuality
- Have good ICT skills
- Be an excellent role model for students
- Repeating, clarifying, and breaking down instructions into small steps.
- Ensuring that the student can access the physical environment.
- Motivating, encouraging and appropriately praising the student.
- Enabling the student to remain on task.
- Helping students with behaviour issues to access the curriculum successfully
- Assisting with areas of difficulty, presentation, recording, language use, etc.
- Being an effective and trusted advocate for the student
Please contact Carly Walters at Remedy Education for more information, 0208 418 1390.