£70 - £80 per day
19 days ago
Learning Support Assistant - Autism - Complex Needs - Greenwich
Would you like to work with young people who need additional support at school? Are you happy to support with the personal and medical care that they need?
The school is based in Greenwich and supports children with a range of complex learning such as physical, sensory and autistic and some children may have additional behavioural needs. The school caters for children aged from 11 years to 19 years old.
The school has 15 classes, which cater for early years students, primary, secondary and some specialist classes for PMLD students.
They provide a safe and secure environment for all pupils to learn in. All children have access to specialist provision according to their needs; this includes Makaton, TEACCH, PECS and Objects of Reference.
In class, you will be working alongside a teacher and at least three other support assistants, one of whom is a Lead Assistant. You will be required to work with individual children, small groups of children under the teacher's direction, as well as working as part of a team and following strategies that are in place to support the pupils to access the whole curriculum, including for example helping the children in the water to support swimming. You will also be required to assist with the physical needs of the pupils (Including their welfare and intimate personal care requirements)
What is required:
- An Undergraduate Degree (preferable) and/or previous SEN experience
- Good general education levels in English and Maths
- Knowledge, keen interest or understanding of the range of different types of learning difficulties and disabilities (PMLD, complex needs, Autism)
- Ability to adapt to a various working environments and students with differing abilities
- A willingness to support with personal care and manual handling
- Practical approach to the needs of students with learning difficulties and disabilities
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- A caring attitude and a good listener
- Flexibility in terms of working patterns
- SEN LSA - Personal care - PMLD - graduate opportunities
- £70 to £80 daily rate (5-day week)
- ASAP start
Please apply directly or call Carly Walters at Remedy Education on, 0208 418 1390.