19 days ago
Learning Support Assistant / Uxbridge/ September Start
Are you focused on helping young people to be the best they can be? Or perhaps you want to become a teacher, an educational psychologist, or another education-based career and are looking for that special school to gain some experience in an education setting.
Remedy Education are currently working with an SEN School which is based in the Borough of Hillingdon, North west London, who are looking for a Learning support assistant to start as soon as possible.
The school are looking for Learning Support Assistants to join and grow their increasingly Thriving team. The successful candidates will be passionate about working with young people with SEN, and preferably have a knowledge of this area or similar area of work. The school offer exceptional training and development opportunities and do all they can to support you in this role, and to achieve your aspirations, while you help the children to achieve theirs.
You will be supporting pupils with different SEND needs such as SEMH, EBD, Severe Challenging Behaviour and ASD, experience of supporting pupils with SEND needs is desirable but is essential. The ideal individual will be dedicated to supporting children of different age groups. We are looking to appoint someone enthusiastic and dynamic, who is also willing to learn new skills to support the pupils.
- Comfortable supporting pupils with various Learning Difficulties
- Working with ages from 7 - 19 years in mixed class. All students have complex special educational needs including global development delay, autism and speech and language needs.
- You will be required to work with students in small groups, 1:1 on occasion and cover some non-core subject lessons such as PE or PSHE if the class teacher is out for a meeting.
- Happy to support pupils with either SEMH, EBD or ASD
- Ability to engage and support pupils
- Assist with personal care if needed
- Supervising pupils' behaviour
- You will need to know how to use an iPad and have basic IT skills to support with behaviour monitoring and recording.
- Experience of supporting children or young adults with learning difficulties or disabilities
- Knowledge of either SEMH, EBD or ASD
- Confident to initiate activities with students to redirect behaviours and re-engage in learning.
- Able to stay calm and de-escalate challenging Behaviour
- Valid DBS registered with the online update service or be willing to apply for a new one
- Available 5-days a week and able to commit to at least 3-9 months
Remedy Education is a committed Equal Opportunities Employer and therefore will not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, ethnicity, disability, or sexual orientation. Please note that successful applicants must have an Enhanced DBS check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
If you would like more information or would like to apply for this role, please submit your CV today or contact Zeki on or via email