£43 - £44 per hour
about 2 months ago
Team Manager - Lambeth - Looked After Children Team - Up to £44 per hour
Managing the day to day operational business of the team Responsible for safeguarding and promoting the best interests of children in accordance with the statutory framework. Through management of staff and resources ensure that services are delivered in accordance with the Government policy, (keeping up to date with new proposals and initiatives) legislation, council polices and departmental procedures and that these are customer-focused and of the highest possible quality Provide leadership to frontline staff in delivering and implementing any future changes in policies, procedure or other developments. To support the service senior managers by advising on strategy, policy and future direction of the service, ensuring effective feedback and translation into service delivery. Keep senior management informed of any issues or shortfalls in service providing suitable action plans to address these matters. To have lead responsibility for meeting the performance targets of the team and to report these to managers and staff as required To manage budgets and expenditure so as to ensure that resources are optimised. in line with eligibility criteria and priority levels as prescribed in assessment and care management policies and procedures, financial regulations, ensuring value for money. To provide leadership in ensuring effective working relationships with other parts of Children's Services, the Council Departments (in particular Education, Housing and Adult Social Care), external agencies (Health, police etc) and the third sector.
Benefits in this role:
* Supportive team and management
* Flexible working available
* Long term contract
* Progression opportunities
Your main responsibilities include:
* Hold and effectively manage a complex and varied caseload with appropriate supervision, guidance, and support, reflecting the function of the team and the Vulnerable People Service in accordance with policy, procedures, guidance and legislation.
* Undertake work within legislative frameworks including the preparation of written statements and representations to the judiciary at Court hearings.
* You will be accountable for complex decision making in relation to caseloads ensuring professional judgement, service user involvement, needs led assessment, critical reflection, and analysis to inform this.
* You will identify and assess levels of risk and need (within statutory frameworks) in often complex situations. Undertake safeguarding investigations and deliver protective and/or supportive services for individuals at risk and maintain up to date assessments, care plans and reviews.
* You will be preparing statements of need/care and support plans, in consultation with other agencies as appropriate, that reflect the wishes of the individual and lead to the commissioning of personalised packages of care.
* You will undertake direct work with adults and their families in line with care plans.
* You will work co-operatively with both internal and external colleagues across multi - agency boundaries.
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* 2 years+ post-qualified experience
* Degree level or equivalent in Social Work
Benefits of working with Remedy
- A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
- Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs.
- Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
- Double payrolls each week.
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
If interested, please apply within or send your CV