£37 - £40 per hour
about 1 month ago
Senior Social Worker - Lambeth - Family Safeguarding & Child Protection Team - Up to £40 per hour
At least 3 years experience of front line work social work i.e. court / CP / CIN / CLA
* Excellent written and verbal presentation
* Experience of writing good quality court statements / child and family assessments / Child in Need Plans / Child Protection Plans
* Experience of working with a range of risk indicators - DA / Substance misuse / MH / Neglect / Physical Abuse / CSA etc
* Ability to work in a team and on own initiative
* Awareness of systemic principles / Signs of Safety
* Understanding of impact of contextual harm, it's causes and solutions
* Awareness of what good or outstanding practice looks like
* Ability to manage their own time to a good standard
Benefits in this role:
* Supportive team and management
* Flexible working available
* Long term contract
* Progression opportunities
Your main responsibilities include:
* Hold and effectively manage a complex and varied caseload with appropriate supervision, guidance, and support, reflecting the function of the team and the Vulnerable People Service in accordance with policy, procedures, guidance and legislation.
* Undertake work within legislative frameworks including the preparation of written statements and representations to the judiciary at Court hearings.
* You will be accountable for complex decision making in relation to caseloads ensuring professional judgement, service user involvement, needs led assessment, critical reflection, and analysis to inform this.
* You will identify and assess levels of risk and need (within statutory frameworks) in often complex situations. Undertake safeguarding investigations and deliver protective and/or supportive services for individuals at risk and maintain up to date assessments, care plans and reviews.
* You will be preparing statements of need/care and support plans, in consultation with other agencies as appropriate, that reflect the wishes of the individual and lead to the commissioning of personalised packages of care.
* You will undertake direct work with adults and their families in line with care plans.
* You will work co-operatively with both internal and external colleagues across multi - agency boundaries.
* Social Work England registration
* Eligible to work in the UK
* 2 years+ post-qualified experience
* Degree level or equivalent in Social Work
Benefits of working with Remedy
- A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
- Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs.
- Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
- Double payrolls each week.
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
If interested, please apply within or send your CV