11 months ago
*** KS3 PRU Teacher - General subjects***
*** Pupil Referral Unit - Secondary School ***
*** North London - Enfield ***
*** September 2019 - Long Term ***
We are currently working with a Pupil Referral Unit / Alternative Provision in North London, who are currently looking to recruit a teacher who has experience teaching students with Special Educational Needs and or challenging behaviour who is available to start in September 2019. It may become permanent for the right candidate.
It is a school providing opportunities for young people who are unable to progress within mainstream schools. It is graded 'Good' by Ofsted in all areas. The school aims to improve students in a short period of time, preparing them to return to mainstream education.
The successful candidate would teach small classes of students across the curriculum. Students have a range of needs and learning abilities.
As the class teacher you would be planning and carrying out all lessons, and would report to the head teacher.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, prepare and deliver a range of lessons and evaluate these activities to inform future learning. Develop programs in line with the National Curriculum and ensure we meet the diverse needs and interests of each child.
- Behave in a warm and friendly, yet professional manner towards colleagues, students and parents.
Qualifications and Experience
- 1+ years' experience teaching students who have special educational needs and or challenging behaviour.
- Teacher Qualification - QTS or equivalent.
Skills and Personal Attributes
- Have a good understanding of best practice for children with special needs
- Ability to develop and deliver effective programs for the pupils and be responsive to their needs
- Warm and caring personality - friendly and approachable to families, staff and children.
- Highly motivated, reliable and commitment to high standards.
The school is 15 minutes walking distance of a tube station and is on a number of popular bus routes.
Staff must ensure that they follow school policies, guidance and regulations to safeguard children and young people. The successful candidate must have an Enhanced DBS certificate signed up to the Online Update Service, and if not, must be prepared to apply for a new Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) certificate.
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV to Ryan Thurkettle at Remedy Education.
Remedy Education are currently working on various vacancies so even if this one doesn't fit your exact requirements, we may have something more suitable for you. Please send through your CV or give me a call so we can discuss other opportunities.