£350 - £373.80 per hour
about 2 months ago
Our client, Knowsley Borough Council is looking for a Head of Service to join their Safeguarding Children team.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- To provide operational management responsibility for the delivery of services in relation to Children in Need, Child Protection, Children in Care services (including adoption, care leavers and regulated Services) ensuring the Council fulfils its statutory duties. Principal responsibilities will also include: -
- Providing strategic leadership for Children's Social Care through a collaborative framework with Officers, Members and Stakeholders.
- Providing a significant contribution towards the achievement of the vision of the Council.
- Supporting the Senior Management Team to develop and deliver Knowsley MBC's corporate policies and objectives to an excellent standard.
- Supporting the Senior Management Team in strategically commissioning services from internal and external partners, identifying appropriate patterns of service provision to meet community needs at a high level and shaping these requirements in line with corporate priorities.
- Supporting the Senior Management Team in translating strategic leadership into tangible outcomes within Children's Services and across the wider organisation.
- Providing the link between front line operational services and staff and the Senior Management team and strategic development.
- Promoting a learning culture within operational services.
- Reporting on the views and experiences of front line staff to all levels of Management and Members.
- To support the Council's Senior Management Team working with elected Members and Executive Directors to deliver the Council's vision, priorities and core values.
- To support the Council's Senior Management Group, to assist the Chief Executive and Executive Directors to realise the Council's objectives, with particular emphasis on Children's Services and linking service provision across KMBC and partner organisations.
- To carry out specific corporate roles and assignments as allocated by the Excutive Directors and Assitant Executive Directors.
- To support change management and promote clear, effective and transparent communication at all levels, both in and outside of the Council.
- In collaboration with public, voluntary and private sector partners drive the Council's agenda for excellent customer service
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY UNLESS YOU HAVE THE CORRECT EXPERIENCE - YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE RESPONDED TO.
* Degree in Social Work or equivalent qualification
* Registration with Social Work England
* ASYE completed
Benefits of working with Remedy
* A personal one-one service from your highly experienced dedicated consultant.
* Top tier supplier across London giving us first access to jobs
* Referral bonus - up to £250* per person placed.
* Double payrolls each week.
*Terms & Conditions apply
You will be required to fully register with Remedy for all locum positions.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your CV on the social care team.
Remedy Social Care is a REC Standard agency and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS. Our objective is to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from everyone with suitable skills and ability regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. All applications will be accepted and reviewed solely on merit.