Kingston upon Thames, London
£28 - £30 per hour
7 months ago
- To ensure compliance with the professional code of conduct and fulfil obligations under the relevant legislation.
- To be fully responsible for managing a service caseload including customers with complex needs.
- To be responsible for accepting referrals, undertaking screening, and carrying out assessment of needs for customers.
- To apply eligibility criteria as identified in the Care Act, differentiate between customers' essential and desirable needs as part of assessment and work in accordance with the requirements of the Care Act..
- To provide professional supervision to non qualified staff.
- To discharge statutory duties related to the care of adults and of their carers.
- To maintain the professional qualifications, memberships and registrations required to perform the role.
- To develop and maintain effective working relationships with all partners (both internal and external) in order to ensure that the team can deliver a co-ordinated, timely and appropriate service to the customer.
- To promote and participate in good team working practices and to demonstrate these whenever possible.
- To ensure both staff and public safety, by preventing and diffusing difficult situations and taking responsibility to escalate to managers where necessary.
- To deal effectively and promptly with escalations from team members.
- To keep up-to-date with developments, products and information relating to the service and the rest of the council to ensure that appropriate and timely information is given to customers.
- To ensure proportionate risk assessments for both the customer and the carer associated with any support plan have been carried out.
- To undertake reviews of customers with long term needs as required and within statutory timelines and carry out reassessments as required.
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance.