Kensington and Chelsea, London
Up to £323 per day
about 1 month ago
The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea has a capital programme that sees a large number of projects delivered by different teams and services within the Council. The Capital Programme for the period 2021/22 to 2024/25 is £615m (including the Housing Revenue Account). These capital projects can vary in size, scope and scale and support the aim of delivering the Council's priorities.
Currently, the Council's capital programme is effectively managed and governed from a finance point of view but would benefit from the implementation of standardised delivery and programme management approaches. These approaches should ensure similar standards and processes are being observed across the Council and that good practice is promoted between teams.
This role will be responsible for designing, proposing, and implementing these standardised delivery and programme management approaches.
To do this, the role will report to the Head of Performance & Projects but will need to work closely with a number of key stakeholders, including: the Heads of both Project Delivery and Property within the Social Investment and Property department; designated leads from the Finance and Strategy teams; and the various Project Managers and Project Sponsors assigned to the individual projects.
This role will be located within the Social Investment and Property team but will operate council wide.
- Develop, provide, and oversee effective programme and performance management approaches for the Council's capital programme. These processes should enable and support standardised management of, as well as provide effective challenge for, all projects within the programme.
- In conjunction with the Strategy and Finance team, as well as service leads, will undertake an immediate line-by-line review of the entire capital programme, where each project is tested against Council Plan priorities, as well as other agreed Council strategies, in particular those priorities linked to the Council's place-shaping ambitions.
- Where projects are not delivering one or more agreed priorities, work with Project Managers and Sponsors to either close out and remove the project from the programme or support them to re-scope the project to better align with priorities.
- Work with Finance to integrate financial and performance information into a single programme reporting approach, likely including a high-level dashboard for monthly, quarterly, bi-annual and annual tracking and reporting purposes. These reports will need to be shared with a number of governance groups including Department Management Teams (DMTs), Capital Board, Executive Management Team (EMT) and Leadership Team (LT).
- Develop any required toolkits and standard documentation to enable performance and project management to be effectively coordinated, managed and challenged.
- Ensure effective policies are in place for programme planning as well as for financial, risk and performance management approaches - drawing on existing policies where possible and/or developing new policies as needed.
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance.