East London, London
£45.00 - £50.00 per hour + Depending on experience
15 days ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are currently seeking an experienced IRO Manager to work within Newham Council.
- To act as lead manager for the IRO Service ensuring IRO representation for all statutory LAC reviews for children in care in line with the IRO Handbook.
- Monitor, audit and review the timeliness, quality and effectiveness of the IRO provision including supporting visibility of IROs through the recruitment and management of permanent staff complement, using management information to measure performance against service and council performance indicators.
- Promote the full participation of children and their families in the children in care processes and are fully informed of their rights to make representations, offer compliments and receive advocacy services.
- Be involved in resolving disputes with regard to contested care planning decisions and report concerns to senior managers, the Strategic Director for Children's Services or the Chief Executive for the Council should disputes remain unresolved. Report unresolved disputes regarding care planning decisions to CAFCASS for resolution within the Family Court
- Ensure high quality practice which is sensitive to the needs of children in the care of the local authority through the development and delivery of both in house and inter-agency learning and development activities.
- Contribute and offer advice to the work of and prepare reports for inter-agency and multi-agency forums and Safeguarding Children Board and sub groups and Corporate Parenting Board/elected members.
- Make sure diversity and equality of opportunity is valued and promoted.
- Deputise for the Head of Quality Assurance as and when required
You will need to be:
Eligible to work in the UK
Why Choose Remedy?
Competitive pay rates
Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
1st tier agency
Up to £250 for each social work professional you refer to us who we place*
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly