about 1 month ago
Independent Travel Trainer & Work Experience Job Coach
SEN School/Alternative Provision - Ponders End - September 2020 Start
This progressive SEN/EBD School in Ponders End have taken over a small alternative learning provision, and they are looking for a Independent travel trainer & Work experience job coach to join their small specialist team, teaching and supporting learners with emotional and behavioural difficulties who struggle with all areas of learning and social integration.
- This role has two main focus areas. One of which is to deliver Independent Travel Training (ITT) to pupils and non-pupils (accessing the school's ITT Programme via the local authority contract).
- The second main focus of the role is to provide work related support to individuals taking part in the schools Work Experience (WEX) Programme. You will provide support to pupils with a disability during their work experience placement by helping them learn to perform the job accurately, efficiently, and safely. You will also maintain an effective working relationship between the school and the employer to ensure such WEX opportunities are able to continue.
The school are looking to hire an Independent travel trainer & Work experience job coach to start a new role in September 2020. The school are warm, welcoming, and genuinely caring, they provide 'Learning for Life' for pupils aged 4 - 19 with special educational needs. The school believe that to truly flourish children must feel valued, the focus on what each child can achieve and celebrate their successes.
The school have dedicated teachers and support staff to help pupils to become effective learners and valued members of the school community. They also have wonderfully stimulating outdoor play.
To be a Independent travel trainer & Work experience job coach in this school it is important that you are calm and collective in challenging situation, you must be able to work well in a team and respect and value the different experiences, ideas and backgrounds others can bring to work and to the teams. You must have full working knowledge and experience of implementing learning and therapeutic approaches along with a good understanding of child development and learning processes.
For this role you must be confident and experienced.
- Independent travel trainer & Work experience job coach required
- September 2020 start
- Coaching/Mentor/Teaching qualification (desirable)
- Previous experience in a school, working with young people with SEMH and learning difficulties (desirable)
If you feel you would like to apply for this fantastic Learning Mentor opportunity, please contact Zeki Mehmet at Remedy Education.