£35.00 - £38.00 per hour + Depending on experience
7 months ago
Remedy Recruitment Group are currently seeking an experienced Independent Reviewing Officer/Child Protection Chair to work within Southwark Council.
- To independently chair Child Protection Conferences, Looked after reviews and complex strategy meetings ensuring that child's wishes and feelings are fully considered and appropriately weighted while taking into account the views of parents, carers and professionals in the required decision making.
- To ensure appropriate preparation and liaison prior to all meetings. To ensure that reviews/conferences are chaired in line with Departmental and SSCB policy and procedures as well as Governmental guidance (e.g. Working Together).
- In Child protection conferences, to make decisions about risk of significant harm and where required ensure that an effective multi-disciplinary Child Protection Plan is agreed, clarifying objectives to be met, by whom, in what timescales and to include contingencies.
- To ensure that in chairing any meeting, that a child's religious, social, educational, health, linguistic, emotional, racial, cultural and special needs are fully considered.
- To ensure attention is paid to children's participation and rights, eliciting their wishes and feelings in planning for them or reviewing their care arrangements. In particular to ensure that a child is seen independently when old enough and is aware of his/her right to complain and the possibility of advocacy.
You will need to be:
Eligible to work in the UK
Why Choose Remedy?
Competitive pay rates
Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
1st tier agency
Up to £250 for each social work professional you refer to us who we place*
If you are interested and would like to find out more please apply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please send your CV directly