City of London, London
£15 - £17 per hour
3 months ago
An Independent Living Assessor (ILA) provides a responsive and high quality service to the residents in the borough who are in receipt of social care support. This involves visiting residents in their own home to review their care needs, while focusing on facilitating greater independence and well being as outline in the Care Act 2014. The ILA will assess for and arrange equipment and social care support and/or signpost customers to a range of alternative services. They will also advise on direct payments process and guide people through the process. The independent living assessor will also need to liaise with a wide range of statutory and voluntary agencies
- To agree, monitor and review existing packages of care for customers and their carers by producing, implementing and coordinating an individual's outcome focused support plan including referring and signposting the customer for other services as appropriate. Where equipment has been issued to review its effectiveness and safe use.
- To incorporate into any assessment of need the identification of where assisted technology will assist the promotion of independence, reducing dependence on statutory services and enabling an individual to remain living in their own home wherever possible.
- To process incoming referrals, as well as monitoring & review cases to ensure an appropriate service continues to be provided.
- To be responsible for the completion and processing of accurate and concise records referrals and reports to other teams within the department and outside agencies which might best meet the identified needs for services. To liaise and negotiate on behalf of customers with other departments and agencies in order to facilitate the provision of a service.
- To assist the Team Manager with the collection & analysis of service customer & staff statistical information required for the performance monitoring of the team
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV .