£120 - £180 per day
about 2 months ago
Remedy Education are in urgent need of a Humanities Teacher for a PRU school in Ealing.
The Humanities teacher will lead on the school's Humanities priorities and be required to prepare and deliver a Humanities curriculum to pupils in KS2 and KS3 and prepare and deliver a curriculum for KS4/A Level pupils who opt to take a humanities subject to accreditation.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Delivering lessons that are pupil-focused and creative, according to an agreed timetable, and with defined outcomes that link with their Education, Health and Care Plan.
- Work with other staff to develop and deliver the Humanities curriculum, including Geography, History and Business, including the management of department budget and resources.
- Support a group of pupils as a form tutor, providing a formal consistent contact with pupils each day, establishing positive relationships and supporting the pastoral care of each pupil in the group.
- Differentiate the Humanities curriculum to meet the needs of neurodiverse pupils with Autistic Spectrum Condition (ASC) and/or Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs (SEMH).
- Provide opportunities for pupils to experience/understand humanities subjects in a range of contexts.
- To look at our pupils holistically and to draw on a wide range of social care and teaching strategies to meet pupil needs whilst promoting interest and ensure the safety and well-being of pupils.