North London, London
£18 - £19 per hour
4 months ago
Remedy Recruitment are currently seeking an experienced Housing Options/Advisor to work within a local authority in North London
The successful candidates will require the following
* Provide specialist advice and casework service to a range of residents including, homeless households, households who are threatened with homelessness, households in insecure accommodation, young people and families within families.
* Respond effectively to, prevent homelessness through advice, negotiation, mediation or conciliation, or by securing immediate access to alternative accommodation and generally promoting a housing options approach to service delivery to a full range of customers.
* To be responsible for managing a caseload, maintaining accurate, detailed casework records, identifying priorities and meeting individual and service performance targets.
* To deliver advice from drop in service and to attend advice and options surgeries and outreach sessions as required, and to visit people at home who are threatened with homelessness as necessary.
* To liaise proactively with the private sector initiatives team to match customers to available housing opportunities, and to plan the development and delivery of a range of housing options that meet customer need and where required to actively procure properties for tenants and clients in housing need to prevent homelessness.
* To keep abreast of all housing legislation and local and national policy and practice relating to private sector occupation, homelessness prevention and housing options, reporting on trends and new initiatives and making recommendations for change to policy and/or practice.
* To draft responses to enquiries from customers, MPs and elected members as required. To contribute to the production of information leaflets/rights guides and publicity related to private sector housing, homelessness and housing options for use by customers and partner services
please call Bronte at Remedy on 02084187676 or email for more information.