£16 - £21.69 per hour
19 days ago
To manage complex Anti-Social Behaviour, Domestic Violence and Hate Crime cases providing specialist support to Housing Management Service to resolve cases escalated to the specialist team including legislative action where necessary. You must be a car driver to apply for this role.
- To provide training, guidance and support to Housing Officers on the management of Anti-Social Behaviour (ASB), Domestic Violence and Hate Crime cases.
- To work closely with the Professional Witness, Concierge, Estate Caretakers, Housing Officers, Housing Team Leaders and Sheltered Scheme Managers to resolve ASB issues.
- To work closely with the enforcement team, noise team, estate and other police teams and other agencies to take multi-disciplinary action to resolve Anti-Social Behaviour cases.
- To make full use of the anti-social behaviour management tools made available under the Anti-Social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014. Utilising the legislation to take preventative and/or legal action required to resolve complex ASB issues.
- To prepare and serve legal notices and prepare cases for court. Provide and encourage residents who are victims of ASB to attend court hearings to give evidence, preparing witness statements and court documentation as required.
- To attend court cases and legally represent the council in cases with or without a solicitor as requried. Preparing and presenting cases to the court or appearing as a Council witness.
- To work closely with the Council legal service to obtain a range of legal remedies e.g. injunctions, possession proceeding etc. preparing any witness statements or legal documentation as required.
- To work closely with the Professional Witness officer to take cases to court and to provide effective support to the victims of ASB.
- To attend relevant Reducing Anti-Social Behaviour Group (RAG) meetings and present cases for decision as required.
- To attend Community Risk Panel meetings, preparing and presenting case paperwork for decision as required.
- Arrange and attend multi agency case conferences representing Housing as required.
- Ensure casework is progressed professionally, promptly, and in accordance with Council policies, procedures, charters and current legislation.
- Review cases regularly keeping detailed records of all actions and communications with involved parties on ASB issues to a legal standard.
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance.