£110 - £120 per day
8 months ago
LOCATION: REDBRIDGE Remedy Education are looking for a Specialist outreach HLTA to support school based in the borough of Redbridge
You will be expected to independently manage a case load of schools across the borough where you will be asked to work in collaboration with schools to model good practice, establish support programmes and provide high quality training for school staff.
You will be expected to work across different age ranges flexibly to meet the needs of the children.
We are looking for an HLTA who:
- Is educated to GCSE level in English (Grade A-C) or equivalent.
- Has the HLTA qualification or willingness to achieve the qualification within 12 months.
- Have relevant skills and abilities of working in a support role in an educational setting.
- Have relevant skills and abilities of working with students who have a range of challenging needs.
- Have the ability to communicate clearly and effectively both in oral and written formats.
- Are able to use ICT effectively.
- Put the student at the heart of everything they do.
Supporting Pupils will involve:
- Using specialist (curricular/learning) skills/training/experience to support pupils
- Establishing productive working relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and setting high expectations
- Assisting with the development and implementation of IEPs
- Promoting the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils within the classroom
- Supporting pupils consistently whilst recognising and responding to their individual needs
- Encouraging pupils to interact and work cooperatively with others and engage all pupils in activities
- Promoting independence and employ strategies to recognise and reward achievement of self-reliance
- Providing feedback to pupils in relation to progress and achievement
Supporting Teachers will involve:
- Working with the teacher to establish an appropriate learning environment
- Working with the teacher in lesson planning, evaluating and adjusting lessons/work plans as appropriate
- Monitoring and evaluate pupil responses to learning activities through a range of assessment and monitoring strategies against pre-determined learning objectives
- Providing objective and accurate feedback and reports as required on pupil achievements, progress and other matters, ensuring the availability of appropriate evidence
- Being responsible for keeping and updating records as agreed with the teacher contributing to reviews of systems /records as requested
- Promoting positive values, attitudes and good pupil behaviour, dealing promptly with conflict and incident in line with established policy and encourage pupils to take responsibility for their own behaviour
- Liaising sensitively and effectively with parent /carers as agreed with the teachers and participate in feedback sessions/meetings with parents
- Administering and assess routine tests and invigilate exams/tests
- Providing general clerical/admin support e.g. administer coursework, produce worksheets for agreed activities
If this sounds like the job for you, we'd love to hear from you.
Pease contact Ryan Thurkettle @ Remedy Education on 0208 418 1390